Sunday 21 August 2011

Days this week have been spent with my hair scraped back in an unflattering ponytail, baking to make people like me and smoking furiously.  I've spent plenty of time in bed listening to music, watching unintelligent movies and pointless documentaries and stalking erstwhile friends.  In the evenings I've either lazed on the couch with cups of tea, or stumbled from bar to bar between glasses of Bombay and soda water. All blatant avoidance tactics.

I'm procrastinating packing to a ridiculous degree right now; I know it doesn't really seem like such a big deal since I've got a whole week to get all my things together, but I actually own so much rubbish.  What person, let alone a girl who claims to love fashion, needs 30 fake tan stained t-shirts in various discolouring shades of white?!  I've got hundreds of balled up pieces of till roll with notes I've written to myself at work stashed in my bedside table, clothing tags that I thought were particularly pretty and more glitter, sequins and rhinestones than is probably appropriate for someone who was in full-time employment and trying to act like an adult.  I'll admit it - I'm a hoarder.

I'm going to get my act together tomorrow.  I'm going to become ruthless and although it'll pain me to do so, I'm going to throw out anything I haven't worn in the past 6 months.  I'm anticipating that this will be around half my wardrobe as most of my clothes are leftovers from when I was thin.  I'm going to be following the new One-In One-Out policy my best friend has recently devised in an attempt to create a capsule wardrobe which will evolve as I do into an Ultimate Girl*.

- Holly

*more on the concept of the "Ultimate" to come in the future, but for now I'll just let you know that she is definitely not anything like Carrie Bradshaw.  I'm currently watching the Sex and the City movie and I can't understand why women fawn over her like she's some sort of an icon for a generation - she's not.  She's a needy, selfish brat with deplorable taste in clothing and men and I despise her and her friends.

2 comments:

Jlq said...

There is nothing wrong with being a hoarder. I hoard. I always claim things are kept for memories including cinema stubs, concert tickets and other needless shit that I just cannot be bothered throwing out.

I too loathe the sex and the city characters which in turn makes my dislike of these actresses so intense, particularly that ginge! Ugh! It is refreshing to see a lady expressing stern disapproval of them too! :)

Much love,

Jackson L.

Mery Arbi said...

I did not know about ur blog and is so cute! i'm following u now :) what about following eachother? :)
www.meryswardrobe.blogspot.com